This is a recipe with two dishes because my wife wanted to use the filling from the leftover ham. You can serve the omelet for breakfast and eggplant torta for lunch.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 4 pieces of fresh mushroom
- 1 small carrots minced
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ cup leftover ham diced
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying* For egg omelet: 3 raw eggs, shredded cheese, milk
* For eggplant torta: 2 chinese eggplant, 2 eggs
- Put 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan. Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the ham, carrots, zucchini and mushroom. Cook for three minutes. Set aside.
Recipe # 1: Egg Omelet
- Step 1: Cracked two eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Add one tablespoon of milk. Add a little bit of salt and pepper. Beat until scrambled.
- Step 2: Pour the egg into heated skillet, swirling the pan to coat the bottom. Cook until eggs are firm about two minutes.
- Step 3: Top with the ham-veggie filling and cheddar cheese. Fold egg in half over fillings.Serve warm! 🙂
Recipe # 2: Eggplant torta
- Grill the eggplant until the color of the skins turns almost black.
- Let the eggplant cool for awhile then peel off the skin. Set aside
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and beat until scrambled.
- Place the eggplant on a plate and flatten using a fork.
- Dip the flattened eggplant in the egg.
- Heat the pan and pour cooking oil. Put the eggplant and add 2 tablespoon of the ham-veggie filling, spread it to the eggplant. Cooked both sides until golden brown around 2 to 3 minutes each side.
Serve warm with rice and ketchup! Enjoy! 🙂
In case you have leftover turkey from the holiday meal, here is a recipe that is healthy and quick easy to make.
- Turkey – 2 cups
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Carrots – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1 small
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Potato – 1 small
- Egg – 1 raw egg
- Salt & Pepper – pinch, depends on the taste
- Ready-to-bake pie crust
You can make your own recipe for the dough, however, this will save time for a busy mom like me.
- Step 1: Saute the Garlic & Butter, then add onions.
- Step 2: Add the turkey.
Since the turkey is already cooked, cook only for two-three minutes
- Step 3: Next, add the potato, carrots, green peas. Cook for another two minutes.
- Step 4: Add the raisins and sugar. Cook for another minute.
- Step 5: Sprinkle salt and sugar. Let the filling cool for 15-20 minutes.
Directions: Creating the Empanada
A few steps will be skipped since we are using a ready-made dough.
- Step 6: Prepare the dough: (Allow the dough to stay at room temperature for 20 minutes before cutting into shape.)
- Step 7: Using a round cutter or glass, make a round shapes out of the dough.
- Step 8: Add one tablespoon of filling into the circular dough, fold it where both ends meet, and seal it.
If you have a empanada maker, it is convenient to make the shapes.
- Step 9: Whisk the egg and some water to create a wash. Then brush onto the empanada
- Step 10: Prep the oven at 375 degrees. Bake the empanada for 25 minutes.
Add non-stick spray to ensure the empanada can easily be removed.
Tada! Now you have a quick snack out of the holiday leftover. Enjoy!